NanoMed 2010 - 7th International Conference on Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology
About this event
Medical and healthcare applications are possibly the fastest growing branch of nanotechnology. Nearly on a daily basis new groundbreaking results from basic research are reported. Many nanomedical concepts have entered into the phase of clinical studies, and the first nanotechnology-based medical products have been approved by the regulatory authorities.
On December 2 – 3, 2010, experts from all over the world will gather for the NanoMed 2010 – 7th International Conference on Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology in Berlin to discuss the state of the art in this field of research.
Focus Topic 2010: Nanotechnology-Enabled Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer
About a third of the contribution will be dedicated to this subject.
Beyond this topic, the scope of the conference covers the entire range of nanomedicine, including, among others,
- drug delivery, targeting and controlled release
- innovative dental materials
- nanobioanalytics and diagnostic techniques
- nanomaterials for implants and regenerative medicine
- microbicidal coatings for sterility, general hygiene and drug packaging
- novel contrast agents
- miniaturization of biochips,
- bio-labeling with quantum dots
- potential risks of nanomaterials in medical applications, and
- commercialization, intellectual property and regulatory issues
The NanoMed 2010 offers space for approximately 20 oral presentations and an unlimited number of poster presentations. Authors are invited to submit contributions on all topics listed above or other relevant fields of nanomedical research. Submissions will be assessed by the Steering Committee and the Scientific Advisory Board. Authors whose contribution is accepted for oral presentation get a 33 % discount on the conference participation fee (295 EUR instead of 450 EUR).