Novel Technologies for Winning - Applying novel and advanced technologies in sport
About this event
2012 will be a landmark year for sport in the UK with the Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games coming to East London. At each successive Games human endurance and performance is pushed further to the limit and, now, increasingly, novel technologies are playing an important part in helping competitors to reach their full potential. Examples include
- functionalised and “smart” textiles for extreme performance
- novel high-strength materials for advanced sports products
- wearable sensors for monitoring physiological status
- high-tech aids for training and nutrition
- state-of-the-art measurement systems
At this one-day interactive workshop, to be held in the London Borough hosting the 2012 Olympics, you can find out how novel and advanced technologies are helping to keep the UK at the forefront of sports performance and support the winners of the future.
This workshop will be of particular interest to those involved in sports development, sports goods manufacturers and suppliers, retailers, local authorities, individuals with an interest with sports technologies, and businesses supporting the London Olympics.