6-Axis Nanopositioning System for Vacuum Applications Mar 6, 2008
The M-824 Vacuum Hexapod 6-Axis micropositioning and alignment system from nanopositioning specialist PI provides high resolution motion in 6 degrees of freedom.
It is designed to work in a vacuum and combines multiaxis motion to 45 mm (linear) / 25 degrees (rotation) with sub-micron resolution and repeatability–ideal for alignment an precision positioning tasks.
The greatest Hexapod advantage is its compact size compared to conventional six-axis positioning systems, a fact that is especially beneficial in applications in vacuum chambers, where space is at a premium.
Typical Applications: Semiconductor technology, multi-axis alignment of optics, X-ray microscopy, X-ray monochromators
General Features & Advantages of Hexapods:
Compared to conventional stacked "serial" kinematics 6D micropositioning systems the Hexpod (parallel kinematics) approach has the following advantages:
- Smaller Envelope for Easy Integration
- Higher Stiffness and Minimized Inertia for Faster Response and Alignment
- No Moving Cables (No Friction) for Increased Reliability and Repeatability
- Center of Rotation can be Changed with One Software Command
- No Accumulation of Runout Errors—Better Multi-Axis Repeatability
Features of the M-824 Hexapod:
- Design Resolution: 0.007 µm
- Vacuum Compatible to 10-6 hPa
- Compact Size: 280 mm Diameter x 190 mm Height
- 6 Degrees of Freedom
- Linear Travel Ranges : to 45 mm
- Rotary Travel Ranges: to 25 deg.
- Powerful Controller and Software for Alignment
- 10 kg Load Capacity
PI is a leading manufacturer of nanopositioning and precision motion-control equipment for photonics, nanotechnology, semiconductor and life science applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoelectric and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 450+.
East Coast Contact
Tel: (508) 832-3456
Fax: (508) 832-0506
More products from this company
- Nano-Indentation / Materials Testing w/ Scanning Probe Microscopy / Piezo Stages Jul 6, 2011
- Nanopositioning Systems Catalog: Piezo Stages, Motors, Controllers Jun 8, 2011
- AFM Scanner Catalog: Planar Piezo Stages for Atomic Force Microscopes, SPM Mar 29, 2011
- Ultrasonic Motor Linear Actuator for Precision Automation Jan 28, 2011
- Nano-Positioning and Piezo Technology Solutions for Medical Design Jan 5, 2011
- Piezo Mechanics Catalog: Piezo Actuators, Piezo Motors, Piezo Stage Systems Nov 5, 2010
- Miniature 6-Axis Robot / Parallel Kinematics Hexapod Nano-Alignment System Feb 25, 2010
- Piezo-Nanopositioning System for SR-Microscopy: Slide Scanner for Bio-Nanotech Feb 1, 2010
- PI Launches Low Profile, High Speed Piezomotor Rotary Stage @ Photonics West Jan 22, 2010
- Paper: Nanopositioning Technique for Image Resolution Enhancement Nov 30, 2009