6-Axis and 3-Axis Parallel Kinematic Stages (Hexapod & Tripod) Provide Nanometer Precise Motion Mar 6, 2008
PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P. offers a new brochure on Hexapod 6-Axis Parallel Kinematics Robots and Positioning Systems as well as Tripod stages.
The Hexapod system, (also known as Stewart Platform), which is supplied with a special motion controller, has unique features when compared to a stacked series of stages.
Advantages of Parallel Kinematics (PKM) Systems over
standard (stacked) Serial Kinematics Stages:
- Programmable Pivot Point for Simple Rotational Alignment Tasks
- Lower Inertia and Higher Stiffness
- Better Dynamic Behavior
- Smaller Package Size
- No Accumulation of Position Errors, Reduced Runout Errors
- No Moving Cables for Better Repeatability and Reliability
The brochure presents a variety of standard and custom hexapod systems, featuring sub-micrometer resolution, and load capacities from 2 kg to 1000 kg.
PI has been designing and manufacturing hexapod positioning robots since the early 1990's. Today, standard hexapod designs come in all shapes and sizes and include servo motor-driven systems for moving large optics up to 1 m diameter to piezo based designs for nanometer precise control of semiconductor wafers and masks. Standard and custom systems are available in non-magnetic and vacuum compatible versions.
These parallel motion systems are designed for applications in fields such as:
- Optics & Photonics, Telecommunication
- Astronomy / Aerospace
- Semiconductor Test & Handling
The hexapod brochure can be downloaded at:
About PI (Physik Instrumente)
PI is the industry leader in ultra-precision motion control devices for nanoscale manufacturing, test and research applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoelectric and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 450+. PI – Moving the NanoWorld.
East Coast Contact
Tel: (508) 832-3456
Fax: (508) 832-0506
More products from this company
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jun 10, 2015
- High-resolution Positioning Systems in Miniaturized Design Jun 5, 2015
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015
- DuraAct Power Piezo Composite Patch Transducer Feb 13, 2015
- Small Size and High Resolution for 10-6 hPa Feb 13, 2015
- More Space for Future Development: PI miCos Enhances Capacities for Precision Po Feb 13, 2015
- High-Dynamics Hexapod Uses Magnetic Direct Drives Feb 13, 2015
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jul 6, 2015
- 100 Billion Cycles Without Failures or Loss in Performance Apr 20, 2015