PI News: Capacitive Displacement Sensor Brochure & Tutorial Available Mar 6, 2008
A new brochure featuring a tutorial on single- and dual-plate capacitive sensors and applications is available from PI (Physik Instrumente).
PI is a global leader in ultraprecision motion control and sensing equipment for biotechnology, nanotechnology, photonics, semiconductor and life science applications.
Capacitive position gauges perform high-precision, noncontact measurements of geometric quantities representing displacement, vibration, separation, position, length or other linear dimension against any kind of electrically conductive target.
The Capacitive Sensors brochure features overviews on these topics:
- measuring displacement with nanometer precision;
- nanopositioning, closed-loop systems;
- parallel metrology, high-precision multi-axis measurements;
- measuring straightness and flatness, active cross-talk compensation;
- out-of-plane measurement, constant-height scans, out-of-round measurement;
- tip-tilt measurement and compensation;
- measuring vibration, flatness, thickness; force sensors with micronewton sensitivity;
- layer thickness measurement with submicron accuracy.
It may be ordered from PI (free) or can be downloaded at:
East Coast Contact
Tel: (508) 832-3456
Fax: (508) 832-0506
More products from this company
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jun 10, 2015
- High-resolution Positioning Systems in Miniaturized Design Jun 5, 2015
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015
- DuraAct Power Piezo Composite Patch Transducer Feb 13, 2015
- Small Size and High Resolution for 10-6 hPa Feb 13, 2015
- More Space for Future Development: PI miCos Enhances Capacities for Precision Po Feb 13, 2015
- High-Dynamics Hexapod Uses Magnetic Direct Drives Feb 13, 2015
- 100 Billion Cycles Without Failures or Loss in Performance Apr 20, 2015
- Motorized Rotary Stage with High Precision with Air Bearing and Vacuum Option Jun 10, 2013