Ultra-Compact Piezoelectric Linear Amplifier Supplies Power to Nanopositioning Actuators Mar 6, 2008
Piezo nanopositioning specialist PI offers the miniature E-831 OEM (add-on) piezo driver module (piezo power supply)
-- a very compact, cost-effective, single-channel, 4-quadrant power amplifier for low-voltage piezoelectric nanopositioning actuators (LVPZTs).
Small, Yet High Performance
The minute driver module (50x30x14 mm) is a high-precision amplifier and provides an output range of -20V to 120V, peak currents of 100 mA and 12 W peak power for dynamic linear operation or fast switching applications. The E-831 amplifier is well protected by two current limiters and a temperature sensor. The small size makes it an ideal add-on for space-constrained applications. The product is the smallest in PI's line of high-voltage and low-voltage linear PZT amplifiers.
High Reiability, Ideal for OEMs
It provides very high reliability tested in thousands of piezo motion control applications in the field. All of PI’s amplifiers can be controlled through a 0 to 10 V input and are compatible with NI D/A converter cards. PI also offers LabView™ Drivers for easy control and a special resolution enhancing software (HyberBit™) for National Instruments DACs.
The E-831 amplifier is short-circuit proof with both a low-speed current limiter of 50 mA and a high-speed (8 msec) current limiter of 100 mA. When the case temperature rises above 70 °C (can be reached after a few minutes with maximum current) an internal temperature sensor shuts down the output stage until the temperature drops below 60 °C. This operation mode is in-dicated by the active-high TEMP-OFL TTL status line.
PI is the industry leader in ultra-precision motion control devices for nanoscale manufacturing, test and research applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoelectric and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 450+. PI – Moving the NanoWorld.integration of specialty motion control technologies including piezoelectric actuators / stages and piezo amplifiers / drivers enable innovative positioning solutions for unique applications.
East Coast Contact
Tel: (508) 832-3456
Fax: (508) 832-0506
More products from this company
- Motorized Rotary Stage with High Precision with Air Bearing and Vacuum Option Jun 10, 2013
- Nano-Indentation / Materials Testing w/ Scanning Probe Microscopy / Piezo Stages Jul 6, 2011
- Nanopositioning Systems Catalog: Piezo Stages, Motors, Controllers Jun 8, 2011
- AFM Scanner Catalog: Planar Piezo Stages for Atomic Force Microscopes, SPM Mar 29, 2011
- Ultrasonic Motor Linear Actuator for Precision Automation Jan 28, 2011
- Nano-Positioning and Piezo Technology Solutions for Medical Design Jan 5, 2011
- Piezo Mechanics Catalog: Piezo Actuators, Piezo Motors, Piezo Stage Systems Nov 5, 2010
- Miniature 6-Axis Robot / Parallel Kinematics Hexapod Nano-Alignment System Feb 25, 2010
- Piezo-Nanopositioning System for SR-Microscopy: Slide Scanner for Bio-Nanotech Feb 1, 2010
- PI Launches Low Profile, High Speed Piezomotor Rotary Stage @ Photonics West Jan 22, 2010