Ultra-Compact Piezoelectric Linear Amplifier Supplies Power to Nanopositioning Actuators Mar 6, 2008
Piezo nanopositioning specialist PI offers the miniature E-831 OEM (add-on) piezo driver module (piezo power supply)
-- a very compact, cost-effective, single-channel, 4-quadrant power amplifier for low-voltage piezoelectric nanopositioning actuators (LVPZTs).
Small, Yet High Performance
The minute driver module (50x30x14 mm) is a high-precision amplifier and provides an output range of -20V to 120V, peak currents of 100 mA and 12 W peak power for dynamic linear operation or fast switching applications. The E-831 amplifier is well protected by two current limiters and a temperature sensor. The small size makes it an ideal add-on for space-constrained applications. The product is the smallest in PI's line of high-voltage and low-voltage linear PZT amplifiers.
High Reiability, Ideal for OEMs
It provides very high reliability tested in thousands of piezo motion control applications in the field. All of PI’s amplifiers can be controlled through a 0 to 10 V input and are compatible with NI D/A converter cards. PI also offers LabView™ Drivers for easy control and a special resolution enhancing software (HyberBit™) for National Instruments DACs.
The E-831 amplifier is short-circuit proof with both a low-speed current limiter of 50 mA and a high-speed (8 msec) current limiter of 100 mA. When the case temperature rises above 70 °C (can be reached after a few minutes with maximum current) an internal temperature sensor shuts down the output stage until the temperature drops below 60 °C. This operation mode is in-dicated by the active-high TEMP-OFL TTL status line.
PI is the industry leader in ultra-precision motion control devices for nanoscale manufacturing, test and research applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoelectric and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 450+. PI – Moving the NanoWorld.integration of specialty motion control technologies including piezoelectric actuators / stages and piezo amplifiers / drivers enable innovative positioning solutions for unique applications.
East Coast Contact
Tel: (508) 832-3456
Fax: (508) 832-0506
More products from this company
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jun 10, 2015
- High-resolution Positioning Systems in Miniaturized Design Jun 5, 2015
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015
- DuraAct Power Piezo Composite Patch Transducer Feb 13, 2015
- Small Size and High Resolution for 10-6 hPa Feb 13, 2015
- More Space for Future Development: PI miCos Enhances Capacities for Precision Po Feb 13, 2015
- High-Dynamics Hexapod Uses Magnetic Direct Drives Feb 13, 2015
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jul 6, 2015
- 100 Billion Cycles Without Failures or Loss in Performance Apr 20, 2015