Piezoelectric Composite Patch Transducer Combines Multiple Functions: Actuator, Sensor, Energy Source & Storage in One Mar 6, 2008
A leading manufacturer of piezo-based precision motion-control equipment for engineering, nanotechnology, photonics and semiconductor applications — introduces the new P-876 line of piezo composite patch transducers.
Features & Advantages:
- Extremely Flexible and Highly Formable Piezo Composite Transducer
- Actuator, Sensor or Energy Source in One
- Can be Applied to Curved Surfaces
- Cost-Effective, Standard & Customized Solutions
More Information & Datasheets
About P-876 Piezo Composite Patch Transducers
P-876 are highly bendable piezo composite patch transducers tolerating bending radii as low as 20 mm (3/4in.) They are manufactured by placing a piezoceramic foil between two conductive films, all embedded in a ductile composite-polymer structure. In this way, the brittle piezo-ceramic is mechanically prestressed and electrically insulated, which makes the transducers extremely robust. The rugged design ensures reliability, high resistance to damage and a lifetime well over 10+9 cycles. Wear and failure rates are low, as the solid-state actuators contain no moving parts.
Sensor, Actuator and Energy Source in One
P-876 patch transducers combine the well-known functionality of piezoceramic materials as high-precision, high-dynamics sensors and actuators. Other possible uses for P-876 are for energy harvesting and energy storage. Used as bender actuators, they allow high deflection of up to 0.8 mm with high force and precision.
These patch transducers are ideally suited for active and adaptive systems. Embedded in a servo-control loop, vibrations of parts can be reduced and contours can be controlled in the nanometer range. A special Piezo Linear Amplifier is also offered; the E-413.D2 is a stand-alone, amplifier board providing precision control for bipolar piezo shear and bender actuators both in static and dynamic operation.
Commercial Applications of Piezo Composite Patch Transducers
Mechanical engineering, aerospace, aviation, automotive industry, civil engineering, sporting goods.
PI is a leading manufacturer of nanopositioning and precision motion-control equipment for photonics, nanotechnology, semiconductor and life science applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoelectric and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 450+.
More products from this company
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015
- DuraAct Power Piezo Composite Patch Transducer Feb 13, 2015
- Small Size and High Resolution for 10-6 hPa Feb 13, 2015
- More Space for Future Development: PI miCos Enhances Capacities for Precision Po Feb 13, 2015
- High-Dynamics Hexapod Uses Magnetic Direct Drives Feb 13, 2015
- 100 Billion Cycles Without Failures or Loss in Performance Apr 20, 2015
- Motorized Rotary Stage with High Precision with Air Bearing and Vacuum Option Jun 10, 2013
- Nano-Indentation / Materials Testing w/ Scanning Probe Microscopy / Piezo Stages Jul 6, 2011
- Nanopositioning Systems Catalog: Piezo Stages, Motors, Controllers Jun 8, 2011