New Literature: Capacitive Position Sensors - Nanometrology Solutions Brochure Available for Download Mar 6, 2008
PISeca™ D-510 series capacitive displacement gauges perform high-precision, non-contact measurements.
PISeca™ D-510 seriescapacitive displacement gauges perform high-precision, non-contact measurements of geometric quantities representing displacement, separation, position, length or other linear dimension against any kind of electrically conductive target. These single-probe nanometrology sensors combine superior resolution and linearity with very high bandwidth for dynamic measurements.
Features & Advantages
- Absolute, Non-Contact Measurement of Distance / Motion / Vibration
- Sub-Nanometer Resolution, Measuring Ranges to 500 µm
- Excellent Measuring Linearity to 0.1 %
- Plug & Play: Easy Setup and Integration
- Bandwidth to 10 kHz
- Proprietary Electrode Design & Electronics Provide Higher Linearity
- Very High Temperature Stability
Higher Linearity through Guard-Ring Capacitor and ILS Electronics
Not all capacitive sensors are created equal. Because the sensor design has a strong influence on the linearity, PI uses a special guard-ring electrode to shield the sensor electrode from boundary effects. This ensures a homogeneous electric field in the measurement zone and results in higher measuring linearity. In addition, the sensor signal conditioning electronics are equipped with the PI proprietary ILS linearization circuit.
Higher Precision through Factory Calibration
All sensors and electronics are calibrated at the factory for the highest possible linearity and accuracy.
Easy Sensor Installation
The capacitive gauges are plug and play units. The cable plugs directly into the sensor head for easy installation or replacement in the field. Installation is further facilitated by a display in the sensor electronics that indicates the optimum distance between probe and target.
Multichannel Measurements, Closed Loop Motion Control Electronics
PISeca™ capacitive sensor systems can be operated in multichannel configurations and combined with piezoelectric nanopositioning actuators for nanometer precise closed-loop motion control applications.
PI is a leading manufacturer of nanopositioning and precision motion-control equipment for photonics, nanotechnology, semiconductor and life science applications. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoelectric and electromagnetic drives for 35+ years. The company has been ISO
9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eight subsidiaries and total staff of 400+.
More products from this company
- Motorized Rotary Stage with High Precision with Air Bearing and Vacuum Option Jun 10, 2013
- Nano-Indentation / Materials Testing w/ Scanning Probe Microscopy / Piezo Stages Jul 6, 2011
- Nanopositioning Systems Catalog: Piezo Stages, Motors, Controllers Jun 8, 2011
- AFM Scanner Catalog: Planar Piezo Stages for Atomic Force Microscopes, SPM Mar 29, 2011
- Ultrasonic Motor Linear Actuator for Precision Automation Jan 28, 2011
- Nano-Positioning and Piezo Technology Solutions for Medical Design Jan 5, 2011
- Piezo Mechanics Catalog: Piezo Actuators, Piezo Motors, Piezo Stage Systems Nov 5, 2010
- Miniature 6-Axis Robot / Parallel Kinematics Hexapod Nano-Alignment System Feb 25, 2010
- Piezo-Nanopositioning System for SR-Microscopy: Slide Scanner for Bio-Nanotech Feb 1, 2010
- PI Launches Low Profile, High Speed Piezomotor Rotary Stage @ Photonics West Jan 22, 2010