Piezo-Z Table for Scanning Microscopy, Fast Focussing Mar 6, 2008
The P-612 Piezo-Z stage was designed to provide very fast response, sub-nanometer precision and highly repeatable motion in the Z-axis.
The P-612 Piezo-Z stage from nanopositioning specialist PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P.
has been specifically designed to provide very fast response, sub-nanometer precision and highly repeatable motion in the Z-axis.
This linear stage is a low-cost addition to the company's large range of leading-edge Z, XY, and XYZ piezo stages and piezo controllers.
Features & Advantages
The new P-612 Z-stage provides a travel range of 100 µm. The space-saving design features a footprint of only 60 x 60 mm. The 20 x 20 mm clear aperture makes them ideally suited for sample positioning in microscopy. Thanks to PICMA® piezoelectric actuator drives and frictionless flexure guidance, P-612 piezo stages provide response times of a few milliseconds and resolutions in the nanometer range.
Open-Loop and Closed-Loop Versions
Open- and closed-loop models are available to suit your application. The closed-loop versions are equipped with high-resolution, strain gauge sensors mounted on the flexure guiding system for optimum position stability and responsiveness. The sensors are operated in a full bridge circuit and provide position information with nanometer resolution to the servo-controller.
Interferometry, Microscopy, Nanopositioning, Biotechnology, Quality Assurance, Semiconductor Technology
Reliability is assured by the use of award-winning PICMA® multilayer piezo actuators, which are integrated into a sophisticated, single-module, flexure guiding system. PICMA® actuators are the only actuators on the market with ceramic-only insulation, making them far superior to conventional actuators in lifetime and performance. The FEA-modeled flexures are wire-EDM-cut for superior guiding precision. In addition they are maintenance-free and not subject to wear.
More products from this company
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015
- DuraAct Power Piezo Composite Patch Transducer Feb 13, 2015
- Small Size and High Resolution for 10-6 hPa Feb 13, 2015
- More Space for Future Development: PI miCos Enhances Capacities for Precision Po Feb 13, 2015
- High-Dynamics Hexapod Uses Magnetic Direct Drives Feb 13, 2015
- 100 Billion Cycles Without Failures or Loss in Performance Apr 20, 2015
- Motorized Rotary Stage with High Precision with Air Bearing and Vacuum Option Jun 10, 2013
- Nano-Indentation / Materials Testing w/ Scanning Probe Microscopy / Piezo Stages Jul 6, 2011
- Nanopositioning Systems Catalog: Piezo Stages, Motors, Controllers Jun 8, 2011