Miniaturized measurement system for nanopositioning of positioning stages Oct 21, 2008
piezosystem jena GmbH
Stockholmer Str. 12
Fax: +49 3641-668866
piezosystem jena developed an actuator with an integrated measurement system. As with other systems from piezosystem jena, the actuator enables high-precision positioning.
The advantage of the integrated measurement system compared to conventional systems is the removal of a separate electronics assembly. This is now included in the actuator. For that a new development of a temperature compensated actuator mechanics was necessary.
A further advantage is improved resolution, thanks to the elimination of the sensor cable which contributed to the noise of the system.
The handling for the customer is now easier, not only by the removal of the additional separate assembly, but also by making the system only need one cable to connect actuator with the preamplifier. Furthermore, the length of the cable is no longer limited.
The size of the actuator mechanics was not significantly changed notwithstanding the integration of the measurement system.
More products from this company
- The new stack type actuators series PA – more flexibility for your application Dec 3, 2013
- PZ 300 AP - z-axis elevator stage Jun 20, 2013
- MIPOS piezo lens focussing z-axis translator for interferometry Jun 10, 2013
- positioning actuator PX 500 - piezo based flexure stage with 500micron motion Jun 10, 2013
- Mirror tilting system PKS 1 Mar 5, 2010
- New nanopositioning stage for micropositioning Nov 12, 2008
- New dynamic nanopositioning stage nanoSX 800 CAP Sep 30, 2008
- piezo-nanopositioner nanoMIPOS 400 CAP for micro objectives now digital Sep 8, 2008
- High-Frequency Mirror Tilting System PSH 4/1 for optical applications Sep 1, 2008