Camera Particle Tracking Technology Enhances Elliot Scientific Optical Tweezers Jan 28, 2011
Elliot Scientific Ltd.
3 Allied Business Centre
+44 (0)1582 766300
Fax: +44 (0)1582 766340
Camera Particle Tracking (CPT) now offered by Elliot Scientific laser tweezer systems. The Glasgow University developed technique enhances quantitative measurement capabilities of optical traps.
Laser tweezers are an invaluable tool for measuring and exerting picoNewton forces in the microscopic world.
Scientists, particularly those in biomedicine, are now able to perform important studies on single molecules, cells and colloids without inflicting damage.
Current systems can only measure the force exerted on one particle, but the CPT technology enables the collection of data from multiple particles at a higher rate. This will allow for:
• Trap calibration by thermal analysis.
• Improved trap stiffness measurements
• Multiple particle tracking within microfluidic channels
• Orbital angular momentum measurements
• Viscosity measurements at several points simultaneously
Elliot Scientific turnkey optical trapping systems work "straight out the box". Contact us now.
More products from this company
- IPG Photonics revise Fibre Laser and Amplifier ranges Jan 30, 2013
- Ultra-high resolution Raman microspectroscopy from CRAIC Jan 30, 2013
- Lake Shore CRX-VF Cryogenic Probe Station Upgraded Jan 30, 2013
- Nanopositioning Focusing Elements from Mad City Labs Jan 30, 2013
- Honeywell Sperian Laser Barrier System for Optical Tables Jan 30, 2013
- mechOnics Nova Bus-controlled Miniature Stage Series from Elliot Scientific May 3, 2012
- New Lake Shore Cryogen-free Probe Stations from Elliot Scientific Mar 16, 2012
- Elliot Scientific Launches New 2012 Optical Tweezer Brochure Mar 1, 2012
- Elliot Scientific Introduces Kinetic Microspectroscopy from CRAIC Technologies Jan 20, 2012
- New Products & Capabilities Brochure for 2012 Nov 15, 2011