AFM Scanner Catalog: Planar Piezo Stages for Atomic Force Microscopes, SPM Mar 29, 2011
Piezo nanopositioning stage specialist PI has released a new catalog on planar piezo scanners for Atomic Force Microscopy and Scanning Probe Microscopes.
The new catalog covers a variety of novel closed-loop planar piezo scanners & digital controllers with advanced features for higher scanning frequency, improved linearity & responsiveness.
Compared to conventional piezo tube scanners, the low-bow, flexure-guided, closed-loop piezo stages provide significantly lower out-of-plane motion (flatness) and better linearity. A special stage designed with a new lead-free piezo material allows resolution down to 20 picometers and less than 1 nanometer hysteresis.
Flexure stages to 1.8 mm travel are available.
Self-locking ultrasonic-motor stages to 200mm travel are recommended as a stable base for the high-speed piezo scanners.
- Optical microscopy
- Scanning probe microscopy
- Electron microscopy
- Nanopositioning systems
- Anti-vibration platforms
- Clean room technology
- Particle sizing
- Software: control
- Software: image analysis
- Drug delivery
- Medical imaging
- DNA manipulation and analysis
- Antibacterial coatings
- Gas and flow sensing
- Temperature and strain measurement
- Nanoelectromechanical systems
- Fluidic cells
More products from this company
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015
- DuraAct Power Piezo Composite Patch Transducer Feb 13, 2015
- Small Size and High Resolution for 10-6 hPa Feb 13, 2015
- More Space for Future Development: PI miCos Enhances Capacities for Precision Po Feb 13, 2015
- High-Dynamics Hexapod Uses Magnetic Direct Drives Feb 13, 2015
- Motorized Rotary Stage with High Precision with Air Bearing and Vacuum Option Jun 10, 2013
- Nano-Indentation / Materials Testing w/ Scanning Probe Microscopy / Piezo Stages Jul 6, 2011
- Nanopositioning Systems Catalog: Piezo Stages, Motors, Controllers Jun 8, 2011