JDSU: Tunable XFP shipments exceed 300-pin transponders sales Nov 14, 2011
sfpex transceiver techology limited company
SFPEX 515 S. Flower Street, 36th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90071 United States
+1 213 550 4185
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) (TSX: JDU) has revealed that shipments for its first-to-market tunable xfp products surpassed 300 pin transponder shipments in its second fiscal quarter for 2011.
As the name implies, tunable XFPs are designed to enable users to select the wavelength on which the module will operate. The fact that tunable xfp transceivers are smaller, more flexible by virtue of being pluggable, and more cost-effective than fixed 300-pin transponders makes JDSU’s announcement more inevitable than surprising.
"Carriers I've spoken to love the tunable xfp and feel it is suitable for deployment in the majority of C-band links in the network," said Andrew Schmitt, directing analyst, Optical, at market research firm Infonetics Research. "We expect the market to reach $100M in 2012, up from less than $30M in 2010, as it replaces both 300-pin and fixed C-band XFPs."
More products from this company
- X2-10GB-ER sfp transceiver Jul 4, 2012
- Cisco 1000BASE-EX SFP transceiver module for SMF Jan 16, 2012
- Cisco 1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module for MMF Jan 12, 2012
- Cisco 1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module for MMF, 850-nm wavelength Jan 3, 2012
- Cisco 1000BASE-SX GBIC transceiver module for Multi mode Fiber (MMF) Dec 29, 2011
- Cisco CWDM 1590-nm SFP, Gigabit Ethernet and 1 and 2 Gb Fibre Channel Dec 21, 2011
- Cisco 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP transceiver module for MMF and SMF Dec 21, 2011
- Cisco 1000BASE-LX/LH GLC-LX-SM-RGD SFP transceiver Dec 21, 2011
- Cisco 10GBASE-ER X2 transceiver module Dec 8, 2011
- 3Com 10GBASE-SR 850nm Multi-mode 300m XFP Transceiver Module with DDMI Dec 5, 2011