PLD12500 – Smaller Package, Higher Performance Jul 24, 2012
Wavelength Electronics Inc.
51 Evergreen Drive
12.5 A Laser Diode Driver with Improved Heat Dissipation. The Wavelength Electronics PCB-Mount PLD12500 with compact heatsink and fan shroud can drive up to 12.5 amps.
PRACTICAL FEATURES FOR SAFETY AND VERSATILITY
The PLD12500 can drive lasers with compliance voltage as high as 27.5 V, and includes features designed to enhance system reliability:
• Remote enable can be tied to a safety interlock and a temperature controller, such as Wavelength’s PTC Series.
• Built-in constant current and constant power operating modes minimize your electronics overhead.
• On-board controls mean quick and easy driver setup.
• Analog setpoint input gives you remote external control of the laser current and modulation.
• Latching current limit safely switches off output if current limit is reached.
• Slow start and current ramp protect the laser during operation.
• Mechanical shorting relay protects the laser while the driver is powered off.