Lake Shore Receives Air Force STTR Phase 1 Award to Advance Terahertz Materials Apr 15, 2013
Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc.
575 McCorkle Blvd.
Lake Shore announced today that the company has been selected by the US Air Force to receive a Phase 1 STTR grant for a project called “Terahertz Frequency Materials Testing at Cryogenic...
...Temperatures and in High Magnetic Fields.” This project furthers Lake Shore’s efforts to commercialize a THz-based system for materials research.
The development and characterization of new materials is key to next-generation electronics, energy and aerospace research; however, while theory suggests promising results, measurement of these materials using energy frequencies in the Terahertz “gap” has remained an elusive frontier. Lake Shore is working on a multi-year program to develop an electronic and magnetic materials characterization system utilizing continuous wave terahertz (CW-THz) spectroscopy.
More products from this company
- Lake Shore EMC conference exhibit to feature material characterization platforms Jun 16, 2016
- New Terahertz Material Characterization System Installed in Brown University Lab Apr 7, 2016
- Material measurement, characterization platforms focus of Lake Shore MRS Spring Mar 24, 2016
- Lake Shore exhibiting THz probing and new sensor monitoring products at APS Mar 10, 2016
- Lake Shore Model 372 firmware for enhanced low temperature measurements Mar 4, 2016
- Versatile AC resistance bridge for precise, ultra-low temperature control Mar 4, 2016
- Terahertz probing, characterization to be featured at EuMW by Lake Shore Sep 9, 2015
- Lake Shore showcasing cryogenic probe stations at MRS Spring Apr 15, 2014
- Lake Shore slated to receive Phase II Air Force grant Jan 23, 2014
- Lake Shore to feature new DC Hall measurement system at MRS Fall Meeting 2013 Nov 27, 2013