Quorum Technologies wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise Apr 22, 2014
Fax: +44(0)1323 811999
Quorum Technologies is proud to receive the Queen’s Award for International Trade.Request info
This major accolade is the result of an impressive export drive by the company - increasing overseas sales by 72% over three years and selling 92% of its production overseas.
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are highly prestigious and given for outstanding achievement by UK businesses. The awards are made annually by HM The Queen, and are only given for the highest levels of excellence
Sussex-based Quorum manufacture market-leading scientific instruments used for preparing specimens for observation with electron microscopes. The export growth has been the result of the success of two products in particular: the Q series of thin-film sputter/carbon coaters and the PP3010T cryogenic preparation system, used with scanning electron microscopes (SEMs) and Focused Ion Beam (FIB) instruments. Preparation instruments play a vital role in ensuring that the images and data obtained from specimens is fully optimised.
Quorum’s managing director Lee Howell says the Queen's Award is a significant achievement that reflects the drive and commitment of everyone in the company. "We are delighted to have been given this highly prestigious award which is wholly attributable to the focus, dedication and expertise of our workforce" he said. “The award is not only a huge tribute to the whole company, but also to our global network of distributors who sell and give excellent support to our many customers around the world”.
Quorum – part of the Judges Scientific group of companies - recently relocated to a new, purpose-built £3 million factory and offices in the village of Laughton in East Sussex.
More products from this company
- Quorum Technologies has moved Aug 14, 2013
- Q150GB Turbo-Pumped Sputter Coater / Carbon Coater for Glove Boxes Jun 10, 2013
- New glove box mounted coating system from Quorum Technologies May 10, 2013
- PP3010T cryo preparation system for SEM, FE-SEM and FIB/SEM Mar 12, 2013
- E3000 and E3100 Critical Point Dryers Mar 11, 2013
- K975X/K975S Turbo-Pumped Thermal Evaporators Mar 11, 2013
- K850WM Large Chamber Wafer Critical Point Dryer Mar 11, 2013
- Q150T Turbo-Pumped Sputter Coater/Carbon Coater Mar 11, 2013
- Q300T D Dual Target Sequential Sputtering System Mar 11, 2013