Small Size and High Resolution for 10-6 hPa Feb 13, 2015
Miniature Stage only 24 mm wide with a Resolution of 0.5 nm Physik Instrumente (PI) has now introduced vacuum-compatible versions of the LPS-24 series.
Under vacuum conditions down to 10-6 hPa, the miniature stages of only 24 mm in width achieve a sub-nanometer resolution over a travel range of 15 mm.
Thus, they fulfil important requirements for the positioning of optical and mechanical components or for the adjustment and manipulation of samples in vacuum with a confined space.
The position is measured with an integrated linear encoder that has a resolution of 150 nm or 20 nm. PI's own linear encoder PIOne even achieves a resolution of 0.5 mm and a minimum step size of 1 nm.
A version of LPS-24 for ultra-high vacuum up to 10-9 hPa is available. It allows the smallest incremental motions of 40 nm.
More products from this company
- Piezo Systems for Microscopy, the Semiconductor Industry, and Photonics Ready fo Dec 12, 2016
- Suitable for all Piezo Actuator Nanopositioning Systems Nov 25, 2015
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jul 6, 2015
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jun 10, 2015
- High-resolution Positioning Systems in Miniaturized Design Jun 5, 2015
- 100 Billion Cycles Without Failures or Loss in Performance Apr 20, 2015
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015
- DuraAct Power Piezo Composite Patch Transducer Feb 13, 2015