What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015
Piezo actuators convert electrical energy directly into mechanical energy and allow for motions with a resolution in the sub-nanometer range.
They achieve travel up to approximately one millimeter and high dynamics with frequencies up to several thousand Hertz. There are no frictional parts to limit resolution, also no mechanical wear, as motion is based on crystalline solid state effects. Therefore, piezo actuators are the ideal drive solution for many precision applications in industry, life sciences, microscopy, medical engineering and research, and have meanwhile even proven themselves in space.
The service life and reliability of piezo actuators strongly depends on the environmental conditions at the site of application. Humidity, temperature and operating voltage are of considerable influence.
More products from this company
- PI (Physik Instrumente) Acquires Majority Shares in ACS Motion Control: Position Jan 24, 2017
- Piezo Systems for Microscopy, the Semiconductor Industry, and Photonics Ready fo Dec 12, 2016
- Suitable for all Piezo Actuator Nanopositioning Systems Nov 25, 2015
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jul 6, 2015
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jun 10, 2015
- High-resolution Positioning Systems in Miniaturized Design Jun 5, 2015
- 100 Billion Cycles Without Failures or Loss in Performance Apr 20, 2015
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- DuraAct Power Piezo Composite Patch Transducer Feb 13, 2015