PI (Physik Instrumente) Acquires Majority Shares in ACS Motion Control: Position Jan 24, 2017
PI (Physik Instrumente), a company with headquarters in Karlsruhe, Germany, has stood for technical excellence and continuous progress in precision positioning for a number of decades.
PI (Physik Instrumente), a company with headquarters in Karlsruhe, Germany, has stood for technical excellence and continuous progress in precision positioning for a number of decades. The target of the PI Group is to develop this market and technological leadership even further and therefore secure a decisive competitive advantage for its customers. The acquisition of 80 % of the Israeli ACS Motion Control, a developer and manufacturer of high-end motion controllers and drives for multi-axis motion systems worldwide, was an important step forward.
Following the acquisition of ACS Motion Control in January 2017, PI, as solution supplier of drive technology and positioning systems, is now in a strong position to serve industrial applications with customized complete systems that can be conveniently integrated into a wide variety of automation environments. Currently, the perfect example of this is the range of multi-axis air bearing linear stages with magnetic direct drive that are suitable for precision material processing, inspection systems, mounting applications or digital printing. After the takeover, ACS will continue to be independent within the PI Group, the management will not change, and they will continue to supply existing customers.
About PI (Physik Instrumente)
Well-known for the high quality of its products, PI (Physik Instrumente) is one of the leading players in the global market for precision positioning technology. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard and OEM products with piezo or motor drives for 40 years. In addition to four locations in Germany, the PI Group is represented internationally by fifteen sales and service subsidiaries. www.pi.ws
About ACS Motion Control
ACS is one of the leading manufacturers of motion controllers and drives worldwide. The company was founded in 1985; it develops, manufactures, and sells high-performance EtherCAT®-based controller and drive solutions for multi-axis drive systems. The ACS headquarters are located in Migdal Ha´Emek, Israel and they have sales and support centers in the USA, Germany, China, and South Korea. www.acsmotioncontrol.com
More products from this company
- Machine control interface software from ACS Mar 14, 2017
- Piezo Systems for Microscopy, the Semiconductor Industry, and Photonics Ready fo Dec 12, 2016
- Suitable for all Piezo Actuator Nanopositioning Systems Nov 25, 2015
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jul 6, 2015
- Piezo-Based Ultrasonic Drives Open Up New Opportunities Jun 10, 2015
- High-resolution Positioning Systems in Miniaturized Design Jun 5, 2015
- 100 Billion Cycles Without Failures or Loss in Performance Apr 20, 2015
- PI is the Strategic Partner for ZEISS: Bundled Expertise for the Highest Packing Apr 17, 2015
- What Makes Piezo Actuators Suitable for Industrial and Space Applications? Apr 17, 2015